Under the general direction of the Director of Finance and Business Support, monitors and maintains control of revenue and expenditure cycles. Promotes the desired work culture and the ethos of the hotel. Assists in all hotel accounting and financial control. Ensures all functions are being performed accurately, on a timely basis and according to hotel standards. Forecast the financial operations of the hotel while managing hotels assets and ensuring a centralised accounting environment.
At The Oterra we look for people who are dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our guests succeed too.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare financial analysis of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals.
· Prepare hotel and department budgets and financial forecasts and reporting.
· Ensure all accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and oversee the process of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts.
· Review rates and recommend rate strategy to the General Manager; participate in sales strategy meetings.
· Manage accounts payable to balance cash flow and reputation with suppliers.
· Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state and local laws and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Maintain relations with outside contacts including owners, asset managers, guest, regulatory agencies, others as needed.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
· Audit and oversee the accuracy of all guest billing.
· Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts and inventories; ensure ethical accounting practices in compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
· Distribute outlook and forecast information as an up-to-date management tool for departments to identify cost savings.
· Review operating equipment stores to avoid unnecessary/excessive purchases and to eliminate and or be aware of slow-moving items.
This is the top job managing the accounting function for a full-service hotel. Typically supervises a staff of professional and/or clerical accounting positions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Accounting or Finance and three years in hotel accounting or internal audit with one year in a supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Must speak fluent English.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹70,000.00 – ₹80,000.00 per month
Ability to commute/relocate:
Application Deadline: 31/08/2022
Expected Start Date: 01/09/2022