Shaping the future of fashion with people, data, and tech – The fashion and retail industries are going through a transformation, driven by customer’s technology and sustainability expectations. At H&M Group, we want to shape the future of retail by harnessing the power of smart tech and data. With our 74-year history of innovation, we understand the need to collaborate and co-create with engineers and tech specialists around the world to achieve our vision.
The Accounts Specialist (Qualified CA), reporting to the Accounts Manager, will be responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate accounting policies, month-end reporting, and tax reporting. Key responsibilities include
1. Preparation of month-close reports and driving the book close process, including compliance with global routines.
2. Preparation of data for Internal audit, IFC audit and coordination with auditors for timely closure
3. Working closely with tax consultants for preparation of information and filing of year-end statutory returns and tax audit
4. Preparation of working files, reconciliations for monthly statutory payments (TDS, GST)
5. Preparation of financial statements, schedules etc. for year-end statutory audit. Ensuring compliance with Indian GAAP.
6. Tracking of income tax, GST, other regulatory notices/amendments applicable to the company, with support from external consultants and Accounts manager.
7. Monthly GST Returns; Quarterly TDS returns filing
8. Monitoring SEZ compliances.
9. Hands on knowledge of operational tasks/process on various regulatory portal (Income tax, TRACES, GST etc.)
10. Assisting the Accounts team with any ad-hoc compliances/stakeholder requests.
Our journey will lead to something new and exciting – we will test, fail, and learn. You are an important player in this transformation; therefore we believe you are flexible, pragmatic and able to work in an environment that is not yet formalized. We believe that you have the ability to support the business with a clear customer focus in mind and the ability to challenge and act independently, take your own initiatives, and lead the way – always striving to find the best way forward