Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank’s risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
Position Title: Specialist, Credit Portfolio Management, Consumer Banking
Department: Credit Risk, India
Rank: Sr. Associate
Reports To: Credit Risk Head, DBS India
a) To give effective credit support for meeting the business targets.
b) To frame the lending policy framework, processes and workflow, assist in growth of the Unsecured Lending business in India.
c) To approve credit applications as per DOA judiciously.
d) Ensuring that quality of Bank’s exposure in India is acceptable at all time by managing the portfolio management function.
e) Provide guidance to the team of relationship managers on areas of policy and processes.
1) To roll-out/enhance the credit lending framework including policies, processes, MIS, controls, etc for the Unsecured Lending business in India.
2) To recommend / approve credit applications in line with agreed process workflows and policies after highlighting / considering all significant risks.
3) To keep track of delinquency levels and ensuring that requisite follow up is being done to ensure that overdues are regularised in a time bound manner.
4) To apply knowledge of RBI Regulations/ MAS Guidelines that govern credit dispensation, including the Loan Grading, Provisioning and Asset Classification regulations.
5) To have a working knowledge of the general Legal framework in which the bank operates in India and apply the same.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage policy / processes for Unsecured Products (Personal Loans, Credit Cards, Eco-System Partnerships management for the consumer retail portfolio pan India.
2. Assist in the preparation & implementation of product programs
3. Facilitate regular asset quality reviews with provision of analytics insights to identify risks/ opportunities and recommend relevant actions
4. Ensure credit policies and program risk acceptance criteria are reviewed regularly, with timely updates for proactive adaptation to changes in legal /regulatory requirements, business strategies, market environment or portfolio performance
5. Drive portfolio management initiatives through the credit cycle management framework by working in partnership with product managers, credit systems team, credit operations team and collection team
6. Work in partnership with credit systems support team to implement key credit policy criteria in relevant credit acceptance & evaluation systems
7. Escalate on timely basis significant risk issues to business management and manager for taking appropriate remedial actions
8. Ensure timely completion of RCSAs including appropriate action plans to address identified control gaps
9. Ensure issues/action plans arising from Risk & Control Self-Assessments, risk events, KRIs, regulatory inspections or other risk issues are properly followed up
Minimum 5 -10 years of experience in Consumer Banking (preferably Unsecured/Digital lending) / Credit Rating.
Exposure to Digital Lending space would be good to have.
Professional qualification, graduate or post graduate degree, preferably in business, accountancy, economics, finance etc. along with sound domain knowledge of the mortgages business and market.
Tier 1 educational institutions will be given preference.
1) Good analytical skills
2) Good presentation skills
3) Good interpersonal skills
4) Good knowledge of the industry
1) Sound knowledge of policies / lending frameworks followed for this product.
2) Good knowledge of credit evaluation methods, tools & techniques
3) Exposure to Digital channels, Fintechs and online tools of credit dispensation.
4) Sound understanding of regulatory guidelines on credit issued by RBI (local regulations in India), MAS and local laws and regulations that impact businesses in general.
5) Knowledge of various banking products and risks associated with them
Work Relationship (State the essential working relationships with superiors, peers and subordinates as well as external parties which will contribute directly to the successful accomplishment of this job.)
Good working relationship with Consumer Banking Relationship team, Consumer Operations, other product teams, RBI inspectors, regulators and other external agencies.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Mumbai
Job: Risk Management
Job Posting: Sep 17, 2021, 7:58:56 AM
The Spec Analytics Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to...Apply For This Job
The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and engage with business partners to build new business for the company...Apply For This Job
Grow your career with a growing organization Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth...Apply For This Job
Job Responsibilities Preparation and review of regulatory reports/submissions for JP Morgan entities as per US GAAP / UK GAAP requirements...Apply For This Job
Description for Internal Candidates To handle customer service requirements like account opening, DMAT account opening, grievances, liability product selling, education...Apply For This Job
Head Finance and accounts: As a Head – Finance and Accounts (F&A), you will be responsible for conceiving, executing and...Apply For This Job