PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Obtains, evaluates, and compiles information of direct competitors of Cat Financial for the assigned region, mainly related to pricing, new business volume, PODD, financial conditions and structure with the objective to evaluate Cat Financial competitiveness in the specific market and its segments.
2. Obtains, evaluates, compiles, and abstracts intelligence items from public sources, (including: trade journals, newspapers, web sites, and newswires) to obtain general marketing and financial information.
3. Gathers competitive standard rate and subsidized rate data of the region, CFSC Market Development Consultants and Caterpillar Dealers and communicates information to the various managers.
4. May make recommendations to the various managers on standard rate adjustments by country as market conditions vary, according to competitive analysis of the market.
5. Prepares rate recommendations to local MD, as well as communicating to the Dealers, MBD’s and Distribution Services.
6. Assists in the development of pricing forecasts. Performs return on equity and standard rate analysis as requested by manager.
7. May facilitate Global initiatives such as Customer Experience, Communication Strategies, etc.
8. Assists in the implementation and training of the CQS Pricing Software. Works with the Business Systems Analysts and Pricing Analysts regarding software modifications needed to correct identified problems. Ensures the stability and validity of the software and the pricing model to meet daily business needs.
9. Maintains and generates rate letter announcements, rate parameter summaries, and rate factor matrices.
10. Supports the implementation of marketing programs defined by FPD and MBD as strategic for the region and adjusts programs locally for the regulations and business needs.
11. Implements and administers structure for the deployment of merchandising programs. Creates the infrastructure and support for the merchandising programs implementation and execution according to a general policy for the region.
12. Develops, maintains, audits, and monitors the effectiveness of CFSC merchandising programs.
13. May coordinate and compile sales reporting from the global line units. Including monthly sales management sales reports, gain/loss and channel analysis, and FX currency translation.
14. May develop machine sales forecasting based on Inventory and portfolio analysis.
15. May lead and manage various marketing program initiatives, including solution offerings, promotions and campaigns.
16. May manage the department Remarketing budget.
17. May work with Remarketing Sales and Global Marketing in areas of dealer and Cat Inc. relations.
18. May provide analysis on sales activity to support development of Remarketing Sales strategy.
19. Assists in CFSC and dealer financial merchandising promotions and training. May coordinate and implement promotional events.
20. Develops, maintains, and prepares the subsidiary office marketing and statistical reports.
21. Designs, develops and produces various scheduled and on-demand reports. Many of these reports can be used as produced; however, others require further data review, summarization and manipulation.
22. Provides marketing support to region offices through preparation of reports related to region and product volume and PODD.
23. Provides technical and analytical assistance to on-going development and maintenance of CFSC’s marketing database.
24. Assists in the creation and development of external communications, including advertising, marketing literature, tradeshows and the Internet.
25. Participates in accomplishment of continuous improvement objectives for the department. Progress toward accomplishment of these is measured through maintenance of necessary measurements and analysis of associated data. Participates in the identification of problem areas and development of resolutions to address them.
26. Understands the Harassment policy of the company and is responsible for its application in all aspects of employment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS:SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of and the ability to perform math computation and financial concept skills.
2. Thorough knowledge of and the ability to apply financing and taxation principles.
3. Demonstrated ability to prepare marketing reports and marketing related statistical reports.
4. Advanced knowledge of and ability to perform report-writing techniques, including use of Cognos.
5. Thorough knowledge of Caterpillar products, their applications, and their markets.
6. Demonstrated knowledge of financing and leasing products of the subsidiary.
7. Thorough knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to apply data collection and analysis skills.
8. Thorough knowledge of and the demonstrated ability to calculate casualty values and amortization schedules.
9. Strong analytical background and data analysis skills and the ability to prepare presentations and draw conclusions from data analysis.
10. Strong sense of organization and ability to work and make sound decisions without the direct contact and supervision of immediate manager.
11. Ability to maintain current finance plans to ensure their appropriateness and competitiveness.
12. Ability to assist with quoting customer and dealer financial transactions via recommended maintenance of pricing mechanisms.
13. Ability to develop and conduct company training.
14. Knowledge of CFSC procedures and operations of the functional business units.
15. Knowledge of the industries served by Caterpillar dealers.
16. Demonstrated ability to use CQS for transaction pricing, recordation and profitability analysis.
17. Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to prepare and maintain computer based spreadsheets.
18. Working knowledge of Windows based software and applications.
19. Demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines, manage conflicting priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
20. Knowledge of and the ability to master own country/native language and English.
21. Moderate travel required 5% to 15% of working time.
1. College / University degree with minimum of 6 years of experience in marketing & finance.
2. Prior work experience in captive NBFC/ leasing company is an added advantage.
3. We need someone who is a self starter and can work independently.
4. Good communication skills are required.
5. Knowledge of construction industry is preferred.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .