KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS :
– Participates in the development of the strategic direction of the Corporation.
– Facilitates the administration of the Audit Committee and contributes to the
– continuous improvement of the Audit process within the Corporation.
– Reviews the operations of the Finance and Accounts Department, Procurement, Human Resource, Technical, Facilities and other departments.
– Conducts annual audit reviews in respect of the external audit, and the parent ministrys internal audit
– Ensures that control procedures are maintained in the following areas they relate to the integrity, control and timeliness of the PBCJs operation
– Receipt of payments Payment of Arrears Receivables
– Ensures adequate policy and procedural support are in place to safeguard the assets.
– Manages the process for the review of organizational activities in order to determine its compliance with policy parameters.
– Manages the process for the review of the operational effectiveness and efficiency of programmes and activities carried out by the Corporation.
– Prepares and reviews audit reports and makes recommendations for changes in processes and procedures.
– Monitors audit findings and makes recommendations to ensure that deficiencies are corrected, improved procedures are implemented and internal controls are adhered to
– Develops the operational audit plan.
– Represents the unit at meetings and seminars as directed
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
– Conducting Risk Assessment
– Determines audit approach, i.e., plans the theory and scope of audits
– Prepares the audit programmes
– Develops and applies auditing procedures and techniques in conducting operational, financial and value for money audits
– Assesses the adequacy, efficiency, effectiveness and compliance with relevant laws, regulations and other stipulated guidelines in achieved desired objectives
– Verifies the accuracy of financial and other records
– Performs special investigations as instructed and prepare interim or final report