We are looking forward to hiring for a key eCommerce client, for the role of Finance Head for India Operations.
This is a leadership role for our client and will be a part of the leadership team for India. The incumbent will play a strategic, financial, and operational thought leadership driven role along with the India management team.
– You will have a critical role in leading the country wide financial integration for the organisation and lead the India finance and planning across all local units. Apart from this, you will also be involved in integrating the India finance with global and HQ finance.
– You will be involved in making strategic decisions for the India business while the organisation grows leaps and bounds across major cities across the country. Apart from this, you will also be pushing the core DNA of the organisation, thereby improving efficiency, growth across business teams.
– You will help drive forecasting, planning initiatives, running with them to improve our business. In this role you will also mentor and develop team members, helping create a world-class team that goes deeper than about anyone else to drive big results.
– You should be hands on with the fundamentals of finance, accounts, financial planning, annual planning, budget planning, demand forecasting, highly analytical and a good team leader.
The role is based out of Chennai
Key role: –
– Be the strategic business partner to business leaders and other stakeholders
– Ensure effective monetary management of the business: responsible for performing all financial tasks and oversight necessary to achieve the region’s mission and help execute growth plans
– Participate as a member of the India management team to ensure sound, data-driven decisions
– Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the region including profit and loss reports, and monitoring of regional and cash flow budgets
– Manage and oversee various relationships with HQ financial partners, including Financial Planning & Analysis, Strategic Pricing & – Planning, Accounting, Financial Operations, and Financial Applications
– Participate in developing new products and markets by assisting in identifying new opportunities and managing all aspects of financial assessment including ROI, IRR, and cash flow analysis
– Help determine and drive prioritisation of the region’s major initiatives, driving them from start to finish
– Business partnering – work closely with company leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision-making
– Region and City P&L planning – you will be primary point of contact for all things finance for the region cities (including forecasting, goal setting, modelling support)
– Help us scale efficiently – we’ll always move fast, but evolving our planning processes and ensuring finance best practices spread through the organization
– Help drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems – (Hyperion, Adaptive, etc.)
Education/ work experience requirements: –
– CA or ICWA with excellent academic record from one of the Tier 1 companies
– Significant functional competence, and credible leadership experience, playing both operational and strategic roles in the finance arena. Investment banking or private equity experience a plus
– Strong background and experience in A/R, A/P, Accounting, FP&A, Tax and Procurement
– People management experience – hiring, mentoring, building, and managing a team
– Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency
– Think strategically and then execute – the models we build aid in decision making and strategy
– Top-notch communication and people skills – numbers are key, but a business is built with people. Relationship building and adept communication are assets in our fast-moving environment
– Team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment
– Self-starter – we don’t have time or desire to micro-manage. You will take initiative, be proactive, set and drive toward goals
– Systems – working knowledge of enterprise-level financial planning systems
Some additional rewards (beyond your salary & benefits): –
– Ground floor opportunity with the team; shape the strategic direction of the company.
– The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We- re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and coordination globally.
– Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
– Monthly gym reimbursement.
Best in the industry and not a constraint for the right candidate!